Vitamin C Liposome that contributes to the functioning of the immune system and antioxidant capacity
Offers higher bio-availability and a more stable presence in the body compared to standard vitamin C
MARNYS® VIT-C 1000 is a food supplement in single-dose drinkable vial format that contains 1,000 mg of liposome vitamin C (liposomal Vitamin C) to promote antioxidant activity and immune function.
Compared to a standard supplement, liposome or liposomal vitamin C assures an increase of more than 50 per cent in blood levels of vitamin C. This increase results in greater effectiveness and occurs thanks to the unique formulation of MARNYS® VIT-C 1000. Its phospholipid content allows absorption in the intestine, thus protecting gastric acids from degrading the vitamin C content 1,2.
MARNYS® VIT-C 1000 is the only supplement on the market that offers an exclusive vitamin C liposome in single-dose liquid vial format with advanced release technology. This unique formulation provides high stability and superior bioavailability to traditional presentations.
Especially recommended for adults who want a vitamin C supplement with the highest available efficacy, MARNYS® VIT-C 1000 strengthens the immune system during common winter colds and seasonal changes. It also benefits the respiratory and cardiovascular functions, while supporting the natural maintenance and tissue repair processes of the body – including against oxidative damage and free radicals.
- In liver and brain tissues, Vitamin C liposome has been proven to exert an antioxidant effect superior to that of traditional formulations, thus boosting protection from oxidative free radicals 3, 4, 5.
- Vitamin C has a modulating effect on of the immune system, where it regulates the oxidative reactions of defence cells and reduces the incidence of respiratory events 6, 7, 8, 9 ,10.
- Several studies have demonstrated the benefits of vitamin C in cardiovascular health 11, 12, 7, 13.
- Vitamin C is useful for significantly delaying the damage caused by skin exposure to UVA rays because of its antioxidant effect and its action on collagen metabolism 14, 15, 13.
The MARNYS® VIT-C 1000 single-dose drinkable vial format is an innovative, convenient and safe presentation. It permits users to take the precise recommended dosage of the formula while also ensuring product stability, without alteration throughout the product shelf life.
- Davis, J. L. et al. Liposomal-encapsulated Ascorbic Acid: Influence on Vitamin C Bioavailability and Capacity to Protect Against Ischemia–Reperfusion Injury. Nutrition and Metabolic Insights. 2016:9 25–30.
- Kirby, C. J. et al. Stabilization of ascorbic acid by microencapsulation in liposomes. International Journal of Food Science and Technology (1991) 26,437-449.
- Parhizkar, E. et al. Design, and development of vitamin C-encapsulated proliposome with improved in-vitro and ex-vivo antioxidant efficacy. Journal of Microencapsulation 2018, Vol. 35, No. 3, 301–311.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. A Pulse Radiolysis Study of the Dynamics of Ascorbic Acid-Free Radicals within a Liposomal Environment. ChemPhysChem 2014, 15, 2994 – 2997.
- Peters, E. M. et al. Vitamin C supplementation reduces the incidence of postrace symptoms of upper-respiratory-tract infection in ultramarathon runners. J C/in Nutr 1993;57: 170-4.
- EFSA 2009.
- EFSA 2010.
- Anderson, R. et al. The effects of increasing weekly doses of ascorbate on certain cellular and humoral immune functions in normal volunteers. Am. J. Clin. Nuir. 33: 71-76, 1980.
- Wintergerst, E. S. et al. Immune-Enhancing Role of Vitamin C and Zinc and Effect on Clinical Conditions. Ann Nutr Metab 2006;50:85–94.
- Ellulu, M. S. et al. Effect of vitamin C on inflammation and metabolic markers in hypertensive and/or diabetic obese adults: a randomized controlled trial. Drug Design, Development and Therapy 2015:9 3405–3412.
- Moser, A., and Ock K. Chun. Vitamin C and Heart Health: A Review Based on Findings from Epidemiologic Studies. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2016, 17, 1328.
- Zempleni, J. et al. Handbook of Vitamins-Fourth Edition. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group. International Standard Book Number-10: 0-8493-4022-5. 2007.
- Cosgrove, M. C. et al. Dietary nutrient intakes and skin-aging appearance among middle-aged American women. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;86:1225–31.
- Serrano, G. et al. Phosphatidylcholine liposomes as carriers to improve topical ascorbic acid treatment of skin disorders. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology 2015:8 591–599.
Water, sodium ascorbate (vitamin C), orange juice concentrate, flavours, acidity regulator (citric acid), emulsifiers (phosphatidylcholine, polysorbate 20), preservative (potassium sorbate), thickener (gellan gum), sweetener (sucralose), colour (beta-carotene).
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a bal- anced diet. Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not store above 30 °C.
HOW TO USE
1 vial a day before breakfast. Shake well before use.
PRESENTATIONViales 20 X 10 ml
TO KNOW MORE
Properties of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin and a vital element of the body’s antioxidant network. In addition, it is involved in the biosynthesis of collagen, essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system, along with the metabolism of cholesterol to produce bile acids.
After ingestion, the subsequent bioavailability of vitamin C is determined mainly by intestinal absorption, as well as the influence of renal elimination. Vitamin C is a chemically active and highly unstable agent, mostly affected by environmental factors such as temperature, pH, light and oxygen levels. It also displays considerable variability in aqueous solutions. In efforts to improve the stability and bioavailability of vitamin C, laboratory reports have focussed on different formulation strategies, including liposomes.
What are Liposomes?
Liposomes are hollow, microscopic spherical vesicles, composed of two layers of lipids or fatty acids. The main constituents of liposomes are amphipathic phospholipids, i.e. molecules with a fat-soluble side and a water-soluble side. The phospholipid properties give liposomes unique characteristics, such as the ability to seal themselves in aqueous media. Significantly, it makes them an ideal carrier system for applications in diverse fields such as food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Why take Vitamin C Liposome?
Taking Vitamin C encapsulated in liposomes is one of the options to improve the stability of Vitamin C levels within the human organism. The administration of a supplement with a characteristically slow or regulated absorption pattern, such as vitamin C, can accelerate when encapsulated within a liposome. In the laboratory, Vitamin C incorporated into liposomes displayed a half-life of some 100 days, compared to a half-life of only 18 days for a pure solution of Vitamin C at 4° Celsius.
Thus, encapsulation of Vitamin C in liposomes accelerates its absorption within the body, while also delivering enhanced bioavailability through a sustained concentration in the blood. It also acts as a highly effective antioxidant, protecting brain and liver tissues. Generally, encapsulated vitamins are much more stable and help to minimise harmful oxidation from UV radiation exposure.
ALSO LIKED THESE PRODUCTS
LEARN WITH MARNYS®
Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids are important in regulating the functions of the brain, heart, membrane, retina, liver, kidneys, skin and mucous membranes, among others. In other words, they are essential for the maintenance of health. They have cardioprotective and neuroprotective action and especially the Omega-3 are essential for the development of children and during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Discover how Omega-3 fatty acids contribute to your health.
Hyaluronic Acid is increasingly popular in beauty and wellness treatments. It is a component naturally present in our body, essential to maintain hydration in organs such as the skin and lubrication in joints, bones and cartilages. However, the passage of time and external factors like Ultraviolet radiation and environmental pollutants reduce the percentage of Hyaluronic Acid in our organism.