An extra maternal and child well-being
Vitamins and Minerals + DHA + EPA
Vitamins and Minerals + DHA + EPA
MARNYS® PREGNAMAR PLUS is a food supplement specifically formulated to provide high DHA content before and during gestation, favouring mother-child well-being.
Improving the mother's diet before pregnancy favours the environment of pre-implatation and embryo formation, preparing the environment to support the development of the foetus and placenta.
A nutrient-balanced maternal diet before and during pregnancy is associated with improved foetal health, more appropriate birth weight, and increased maternal and infant survival rates (R. Lowensohn et al. 2016). Pregnancy and breastfeeding are associated with important metabolic and physiological changes in the mother that increase nutritional requirements to optimise both maternal adaptation and foetal development.
- Contains OMEGA 3 (DHA+EPA*), polyunsaturated fatty acids, the so-called essential, because the cells in the human body are unable to synthesise these acids from simple precursors and they should be obtained from the diet. They contribute to developing and maintaining the nervous system, as well as to the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- B-COMPLEX(B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12). They facilitate energy, development and organic functionality for growth, maturation and maintenance of the foetus and the mother.
- VITAMINS C and E, and the minerals Magnesium, Zinc and Selenium. They favour the antioxidant activity, protecting tissues. Furthermore, Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction.
- VITAMINS D3+K2 and Calcium. They contribute to the appropriate growth, development and maintenance of bones, as well as to the processes of blood coagulation and immune function.
- Iron facilitates the creation of red blood cells and the transport of oxygen to tissues, necessary for the development and maintenance of mother-child tissues.
- The ER presentation of hard vegetable capsules contributes to optimising the absorption of ingredients because its enteric coating technology protects the capsule from stomach acids, allowing its content to be released and absorbed in the intestine.
*DHA: docosahexaenoic acid; EPA: eicosapentaenoic acid
SOFT GEL CAPSULE
VEGETABLE HARD CAPSULE
HARD CAPSULE INGREDIENTS: Magnesium oxide, vitamin C, zinc sulphate, microcrystalline cellulose, vitamin K2, β-carotene, niacin, carbonyl iron, vitamin E, sodium selenite, copper (II) gluconate, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, magnesium stearate, vitamin D3, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid, potassium iodide, biotin and vitamin B12.
SOFT GEL CAPSULE INGREDIENTS: Fish oil (50% DHA) and antioxidant (D-α-tocopherol).
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not store at temperatures above 30 °C.
HOW TO USE
1 hard capsule and 1 soft gel capsule daily, taken one after another, before main meal.
PRESENTATION30 hard capsules + 30 soft gel capsules
TO KNOW MORE
The Early Nutrition Academy and the World Health Organization have done an extensive and systematic review on the intake levels of Omega 3 during the maternity. Both organisations recommend that pregnant women should get an additional supply of 200-300mg of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)/day.
Folate, derived from foods, and folic acid, the synthetic form of folate found in vitamin supplements, is a water-soluble vitamin B (B9). Foods rich in folate include beans, peas, orange juice, and green leafy vegetables. Folic acid is required for neural tube development which takes place during 28 days after conception.
The value of folic acid in preventing neural tube defects is well established, contributing to the structure and function of the foetal nervous system because it participates in: the formation of brain and spinal cord and in neurodevelopment. The neural tube closes on the 28th day of gestation. If it does not completely close, an opening at the lower end of the spine causes cleft spine, and a bigger defect can cause anencephaly (complete brain failure).
Folic acid intake recommendations are in women of childbearing age 0.4mg in addition to a diet rich in folate-rich foods, and this amount should increase to 0.6 mg/d during pregnancy and 0.5 mg/d during brestfeeding (R. Lowensohn et al. 2016).
ALSO LIKED THESE PRODUCTS
LEARN WITH MARNYS®
Coconut oil (Cocos nucifera) is a vegetable oil whose properties make it an essential ally in both food and cosmetics. Coconut oil has made a very important place for itself as a natural cosmetic. It is an ingredient widely used in beauty treatments due to its richness in essential fatty acids and its versatile use for both skin and hair. As a food product, coconut is considered a superfood because of its high content of healthy fatty acids, proteins, vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium. Go COCOnuts!