An extra to maternal and child well-being
High DHA content before and during pregnancy
MARNYS® PREGNAMAR PLUS is a food supplement specifically formulated to provide high DHA content before and during gestation, favouring mother-infant well-being. It also contains a selection of vitamins and minerals that supplement the diet to optimise pregnancy and the period before.
The ingredients in MARNYS® Pregnamar Plus significantly enhance mother-infant well-being:
- Omega 3: DHA* intake contributes to normal development of brain and vision in the foetus and in the nursing infant (EFSA); it also contributes to normal brain function and vision (EFSA) for the mother. EPA*+DHA contributes to normal heart function (EFSA).
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid) increases folate levels in pregnant women, as a low level entails a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the foetus (EFSA).
- Vitamins B3 (niacin) and B7 (biotin) contribute to normal maintenance of mucous membranes and skin (EFSA).
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) contributes to normal mental performance and to the production and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and some neurotransmitters (EFSA).
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) contributes to normal cysteine production and homocysteine metabolism, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, and the regulation of hormonal activity (EFSA).
- Vitamins B2 (riboflavin) and B12 (cobalamin) contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal function of the nervous system and normal maintenance of red blood cells; vitamin B2 additionally contributes to normal maintenance of vision and normal iron metabolism (EFSA).
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) contributes to normal function of the heart (EFSA).
- Vitamins C and E contribute to protection of cells from oxidative damage. Vitamin C also contributes to normal formation of collagen for normal function of bones, blood vessels, cartilage, tendons, skin and teeth, to normal immune function and increases iron absorption (EFSA).
- Minerals: Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function and protein production; Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction; and Selenium contributes to normal thyroid gland function (EFSA).
- Vitamin D and the mineral Calcium are necessary for normal bone growth and development in children; furthermore, Vitamin D contributes to normal immune function in children, and Calcium and Vitamin K contribute to normal bone maintenance (EFSA).
- The minerals Iron, Iodine and Copper contribute to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, to normal production of thyroid hormones and thyroid function, and to normal pigmentation of hair and skin, respectively (EFSA).
- Beta-carotenes in MARNYS® Pregnamar Plus provide vitamin A.
MARNYS® Pregnamar Plus is an excellent supplement for those women who want to supplement their diet either because they are getting ready for pregnancy, are already pregnant or during breastfeeding.
The original formulation of MARNYS® Pregnamar Plus includes soft gel capsules for fish oil and hard capsules for minerals and vitamins. With Extended-Release (ER) capsule technology, which due to its enteric coating technology protects the capsule from stomach acids, enabling its content to be released and absorbed in the intestine.
*DHA: docosahexaenoic acid; EPA: eicosapentaenoic acid
SOFT GEL CAPSULE
VEGETABLE HARD CAPSULE
- HOW TO USE
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
HOW TO USE
Take 1 hard capsule and 1 soft gel capsule (taken one after another) a day before main meal.
HARD CAPSULE INGREDIENTS: magnesium oxide, vitamin C, zinc sulphate, microcrystalline cellulose, vitamin K2, β-carotene, niacin, carbonyl iron, vitamin E, sodium selenite, copper (II) gluconate, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, magnesium stearate, vitamin D3, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid, potassium iodide, biotin and vitamin B12.
SOFT GEL CAPSULE INGREDIENTS: fish oil (50% DHA) and antioxidant (D-α-tocopherol).
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS||PER CAPSULE||%NRV|
|VITAMIN HARD CAPSULE+MINERALS|
|Vitamin C||70 mg||88|
|Pantothenic acid||6 mg||100|
|Vitamin B6||6 mg||429|
|Vitamin E||4 mg||33|
|Folic Acid||400 μg||200|
|Vitamin K2||70 μg||93|
|Vitamin D3||10 μg||200|
|Vitamin B12||6 μg||240|
|DHA+EPA SOFT CAPSULE|
|Fish oil||500 mg||•|
|Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||250 mg||•|
|Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)||50 mg||•|
|* Equivalent to 334 μg of Vitamin A (42 %NRV)|
%NRV (nutrient reference value)
ALLERGEN: contains fish
· Food supplements should not be used as a substitiute for a balanced nutrition.
· It is recommended to keep a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
· Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
· Keep away from children.
· Do not store at a temperatures above 30ºC.
TO KNOW MORE
Pregnancy and diet
Improving the mother’s diet before pregnancy favours the environment of pre-implatation and embryo formation, preparing the environment to support the development of the foetus and placenta.
A nutrient-balanced maternal diet before and during pregnancy is associated with improved foetal health, more appropriate birth weight and increased maternal and infant survival rates. Pregnancy and breastfeeding are associated with important metabolic and physiological changes in the mother that increase nutritional requirements to optimise both maternal adaptation and foetal development.