Citronella Essential Oil
It favours digestive processes and neutralises spicy flavours
Exotic and citrus aroma for your food
MARNYS® Citronella Essential Oil is 100% pure and chemotyped, that is, it’s got a defined composition and results in a 100% natural essential oil. Citronella was obtained by steam distillation and the oil was not denatured or mixed with other oils, what ensures the properties of the essential oil.
MARNYS® Citronella Essential Oil is a food-grade oil.
Its chemotype is: citronellal, geraniol and citronellol whose antiseptic and antioxidant properties have proven their usefulness in digestive processes.1,2,3
Citronella's chemotype properties also enhance food flavour, neutralise spicy flavours, and facilitate relaxation.
MARNYS® food-grade Citronella Essential Oil is recommended for those who want a citrus aroma and taste in food and beverages, and to take care at the same time of their digestion. Always use according to the instructions in directions for use.
Citronella also stands out due to its traditional use as a natural mosquito repellent.4,5
- Ganjewala, D. Cymbopogon essential oils: Chemical compositions and bioactivities. International Journal of Essential Oil Therapeutics. 2009
- Khan, I. A. et al. Leung’s encyclopedia of common natural ingredients used in food, drugs, and cosmetics. 2010
- Akhila, A. Essential Oil- Bearing Grasses The genus Cymbopogon. Medicinala and Aromatic Plants - Industrial Profiles. 2010
- Kim, J. et al. Evaluation of Repellency Effect of Two Natural Aroma Mosquito Repellent Compounds, Citronella and Citronellal. Entomological Research. 2005
- Fradin, M. S. et al. Comparative Efficacy of Insect Repellents against Mosquito Bites. New England Journal of Medicine. 2002
Citronella essential oil (Cymbopogon winterianus)
Chemotype (aromatic molecules): citronellal, geraniol, citronellol. Distilled part: aerial part. Physical Characteristics (Organoleptic): Colour and appearance: from light yellow to amber yellow. Taste: lemon, rose-like.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage. Store in a cool, dry place away from light. Keep out of the reach of children.
HOW TO USE
Always dilute 1-2 drops in 250g of food (juice, tea, salad). Maximum 3 times a day.
PRESENTATION15 ml bottle
· Food supplements should not be used as a substitiute for a balanced nutrition.|
· It is recommended to keep a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
· Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
· Keep away from children.
· Do not store at a temperatures above 30ºC.
TO KNOW MORE
WHAT DOES CHEMOTYPE MEAN?
It refers to the perfectly defined, complete, qualitative and quantitative chemical composition of the constituents in the essential oil and guarantees the possibility to fully identify each of them. Likewise, the chemotype is important to ensure the quality, effectiveness and safety of the essential oil. When essential oils are chemotyped, they have a defined composition and are 100% pure and of natural origin, not denatured or mixed with other oils.
ALSO LIKED THESE PRODUCTS
LEARN WITH MARNYS®
Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids are important in regulating the functions of the brain, heart, membrane, retina, liver, kidneys, skin and mucous membranes, among others. In other words, they are essential for the maintenance of health. They have cardioprotective and neuroprotective action and especially the Omega-3 are essential for the development of children and during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Discover how Omega-3 fatty acids contribute to your health.