Effective formula for your urinary health
Cranberry concentrate in 2 formats: syrup and capsules
MARNYS® Cistomar is a food supplement for urinary health presented in two formats: MARNYS® Cistomar liquid and MARNYS® Cistomar capsules.
The combined action of the ingredients in MARNYS® Cistomar (cranberry, fructooligosaccharides and vitamin C) contributes significantly to the urinary tract health.
Cranberry is useful for urinary tract health both in adult women and men due to the effect preventing bacteria from adhering.
MARNYS® Cistomar is recommended for:
- For people who suffer from episodes in the urinary tract that quickly and intensely occur. In these cases MARNYS® Cistomar liquid format is advisable.
- For individuals who seek reducing the number of such episodes in the urinary tract, MARNYS® Cistomar capsule format is of choice.
MARNYS® Cistomar contains the following beneficial ingredients:
Cranberry has been shown to inhibit the adhesion of E. coli bacteria to the bladder walls by more than 67%. Similarly, in various studies, the use of cranberry has shown to be useful in cases of cystitis. 1,2,3
Fructooligosaccharides (minimum 90% inulin), just as cranberry, have been shown to interfere with the adhesion of various microbes on the cell walls of the urinary tract. 4,5
Vitamin C contributes to enhancing the immune response and to the antioxidant protection.
MARNYS® Cistomar is suitable for vegans.
1. Di Martino et al. Reduction of Escherichia coli adherence to uroepithelial bladder cells after consumption of cranberry juice: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled cross-over trial.World J Urol. 2006
2. Wing et al. Daily cranberry juice for the prevention of asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy: a randomized, controlled pilot study. J Urol. 2008.
3. Maki et al. Consumption of a cranberry juice beverage lowered the number of clinical urinary tract infection episodes in women with a recent history of urinary tract infection. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016.
4. Suárez. Microbiota autóctona, probióticos y prebióticos Nutr Hosp. 2013
5. Shoaf-Sweeney et al. Adherence, anti-adherence, and oligosaccharides preventing pathogens from sticking to the host. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2009
Deionised water, cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) juice concentrate, fructooligosaccharides, vitamin C and preservative (potassium sorbate).
Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) concentrate powder, fructooligosaccharides, vitamin C and microcrystalline cellulose. Vegetable capsule composition: hypromellose and titanium dioxide.
Excessive consumption may cause intestinal discomfort. Avoid consumption of this product along with medicines and other food supplements based on dietary fibre.
HOW TO USE
10 ml daily before the main meal, diluted in a glass of water, for at least 30 days. Shake well before use. Once opened, store in the fridge.
2 capsules daily before the main meal, for at least 30 days.
PRESENTATION30 vegetable capsules
125 ml Bottle
· Food supplements should not be used as a substitiute for a balanced nutrition.|
· It is recommended to keep a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
· Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
· Keep away from children.
· Do not store at a temperatures above 30ºC.
TO KNOW MORE
What are PACs and the BL-DMAC method?
Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) have got a high concentration of proanthocyanidins (PACs), which are flavonoids that exert powerful antioxidant action. PACs have also been shown to have bacterial anti-adhesion effect (Yeap Foo et al, 2000;Cunningham et al, 2005), what is useful for the urinary tract health as it does not allow bacteria to adhere to, for example, the walls of the bladder.
According to clinical and efficacy studies published in prestigious scientific journals, the concentration of PACs in cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) needed to inhibit the adhesion of bacteria in the urinary tract should be 36mg PACs analysed according to the BL-DMAC method. The PACs in MARNYS® Cistomar are measured in accordance with this BL-DMAC method.
When choosing a food supplement for urinary health, pay close attention: a high concentration of PACs without the assessment method being indicated does not entail greater effectiveness. There are several analytical methods to determine PACs (UV, HPLC, BL-DMAC) and the expression of results varies greatly between one another, overestimating with some of them up to five times the level of PACs.
It is therefore important that you choose a product that counts on more than 36mg PACs per daily dose and that you make sure they are measured by the BL-DMAC method.
BL-DMAC is a standardised, specific colorimetric method to quantify the total concentration of PACs in cranberries, being the most recognised method for such assessment.
What are the major infections in the urinary tract?
Urinary tract infections have a high incidence worldwide and are responsible for a substantial share of public health budget expenses. Lower urinary tract infections (UTIs) are clinically a potential health risk and cause a large number of discomforts to sufferers. They affect both sexes, women more often due to anatomical reasons (length of the urethra, absence of prostate secretions, etc.). At least, one out of two women suffers from a urinary tract infection once in her life, and up to 25% of elderly women, recurrently. Escherichia coli is the bacterium responsible for 90% of cases of cystitis in women and also the most frequent in men. Its virulence is closely related to the presence of fimbriae, bacterial structures responsible for the adherence to the walls of the urinary tissue (Gausa Gascón, 2008)
ALSO LIKED THESE PRODUCTS
LEARN WITH MARNYS®
Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids are important in regulating the functions of the brain, heart, membrane, retina, liver, kidneys, skin and mucous membranes, among others. In other words, they are essential for the maintenance of health. They have cardioprotective and neuroprotective action and especially the Omega-3 are essential for the development of children and during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Discover how Omega-3 fatty acids contribute to your health.