Vegetable oils to take care of your skin before and after makeup
Published: 23 June, 2020 - Updated: 1 March, 2021 | 4'
Making your skin look healthy and natural is not incompatible with applying makeup. However, we do need to take care of our face and use natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin. Vegetable oils are a great option for skin care when applying and removing makeup.
We spend many hours away from home and sometimes it is difficult for our makeup to remain even. Facial glow or dry skin can put us at odds with our makeup, and that's why we suggest a solution using certified quality natural cosmetics.
In addition to makeup, on some occasions such as Carnival or Halloween, we paint our faces with waxes or face paint. When it comes to removing the paint from your face, Vegetable Oils and Shea Butter will be your best allies, as they act as natural makeup removers and will take care of your skin, moisturizing and nourishing it.
Do you want to know how to prepare your skin for a more lasting and even makeup? Are you interested in learning how to remove makeup with Vegetable Oils?
4 steps to caring for your skin and wearing long-lasting makeup
The routine for caring for adult skin and wearing longer lasting, more even makeup consists of: exfoliation, moisturizing, makeup and cleansing. We propose 4 steps to achieve this by applying natural cosmetics and vegetable oils to the face before and after the makeup or facial painting.
1. Apply a natural exfoliant with vegetable oils
A natural alternative to exfoliating facial skin and preparing it for a makeup or paint session is to mix sugar with your favorite vegetable oils. Jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil or macadamia oil would be the most suitable.
Apply the mixture of vegetable oil and sugar to a clean face with a gentle massage. You will be able to eliminate the dead cells and prepare your skin. *Recommended for adult skin.
2. Before applying makeup or paint, moisturize your skin using natural cosmetics
Moisturizing the skin with vegetable oils before applying makeup or face paint facilitates the cleaning of the face afterwards. Moisturizing the skin will also help make the makeup last longer and look more natural.
Which vegetable oils to use according to skin type
- Mixed or oily skin: Control shine and the appearance of pimples and blackheads in the most natural way with MARNYS® Jojoba Oil. Apply it to the face before and after makeup to achieve a sebum-regulating effect. Sebum is an oily and slightly waxy substance found on the skin.
If you don't have a very oily skin, but are going to use a little heavier makeup, Jojoba Oil is perfect for controlling dryness and not leaving an oily feeling.
For those occasions when you are going to use makeup or special paint on the face, for example, Carnival or Halloween, Jojoba Oil can be applied before the makeup to facilitate the cleaning of the paint on the face afterwards.
Do pimples and blackheads appear on the wrong day? Apply MARNYS® Tea Tree Roll On and take care of your skin with its sebum regulating and matifying action.
- Normal/dry skin: if your skin is dry, moisturize it thoroughly before and after makeup, using MARNYS® Rosehip, Argan and Calendula Shea Butter. It promotes skin integral regeneration to improve its appearance, including the appearance of marks or scars.
- Mature skin: If your skin is mature and you want your makeup to be perfect and look radiant, apply Baobab Oil in your makeup base for radiant and renewed skin. MARNYS® Baobab Oil preserves skin elasticity and firmness and helps keep the skin free of blemishes.
- Younger skin: for younger skin that is starting to use makeup, it is recommended to use Argan Oil in the makeup and to blend with small touches on the face. Because it reduces water loss, MARNYS® Argan Oil restores skin moisture and provides smoothness.
3. Remove makeup or cleanse the face with vegetable oils
Removing makeup and cleansing the skin is essential for the pores to breathe and not become blocked. Do you use a vegetable oil-based facial cleanser or makeup remover? Then why not use vegetable oil directly as a natural makeup remover?
One of the best vegetable oils to clean the skin is Apricot Kernel Oil. Apply MARNYS® Apricot Kernel Oil on a damp cotton pad or wet sponge and carefully clean your face to remove makeup.
You will be able to get your skin free of makeup and have more elasticity and firmness.
CLEANING CHILDREN'S FACE PAINT WITH VEGETABLE OILS
* You can use vegetable oils to clean the painted faces of children (from 3 years old). For example, after Carnival, Halloween, or any party where there was a face painting workshop. Also, you can apply the vegetable oil before painting their face so that it is easier to remove the paint or makeup afterwards. The most recommended vegetable oils are Jojoba Oil and Organic Aloe Vera Oil.
4. Soothe and rejuvenate irritated or sensitive skin
Sometimes, especially if we have used face paint or very heavy makeup, the skin on the face becomes irritated and red. In that case, one of the best vegetable oils to soothe, rejuvenate and moisturize the skin is Aloe Vera Oil. MARNYS® Organic Aloe Vera oil has antioxidant properties that contribute to the protection of the natural barrier and to the maintenance of skin moisturizing.
VEGETABLE OIL FOR THE EYE AREA
Vegetable oils can be used even on the most sensitive skin of the face, such as around the eyes. Apricot Kernel Oil is one of the best options for natural care of the eye area. MARNYS® Apricot Kernel Oil can be applied to the eye area, where unattractive dark circles, wrinkles and bags usually appear. Apply it with soft touches before going to sleep and you will have a fantastic natural eye area to help brighten up your eyes.