Category: Nutrition and Diet
- The well-being of your body is determining the needs of vitamins and minerals you need, your sporting needs and you body running smoothly is our goal, yours improve yourself.
- The stress from our lifestyles, poor eating habits, and not to mention seasonal changes, all contribute to the appearance of problems derived from a weakened immune system. Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean medicine use mushroom varieties selected for their health benefits, especially their positive effect on the immune system and because they are available on the market as food supplements. The most noteworthy are Shiitake, Reishi and Maitake.
Did you know that our body produces daily several liters of gas? Although we have enough means to remove and absorb all the excess gas, sometimes the 'digestive balance' can be broken.
The art of walking lies in feeling that we can dedicate time to ourselves and being stress-free. We can feel our body at every step of the way, and as we progress, we feel more agile, step by step, and realise that our muscles are releasing tension… This process helps us achieve stability and wellbeing day by day.
- Tea trees (Melaleuca alternifolia) naturally grow in Australia. Tea tree oil has multiple uses, making it one of the most versatile oils. It can be used externally for hair and skin care, in aromatherapy, to clean the home and even care for our pets.
As its name suggests, breakfast is the time that we break our fast from the night before. That’s why it’s the fuel that ensures we start the day off well.
The arrival of spring, with the time change and the rise in temperatures, can affect your body with symptoms such as sadness, fatigue or loss of appetite. Find out why some people may suffer from this disorder, known as spring asthenia, and how it affects the body.
You must have heard of free radicals, responsible for cellular damage. Oxidative stress is the consequence of increased free radicals. Find out how antioxidants keep free radicals in check.
Nutritionists and dietitians explain give us keys to reaching and keeping a healthy weight throughout the year. After all, if we do not do anything now, it will become increasingly harder to lose that unwanted weight.
Omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids are necessary for the proper functioning of the body. EFAs are the precursors of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids that are essential structural elements for cells and for the formation of new tissues, playing a key role during gestation, lactation and infancy, as these are stages of growth and development of cellular tissue.
- Fatty acids are involved in our metabolism and there are more than seventy different types of fatty acids. They are bioactive molecules that have a double function for our organism: they provide energy and act as regulators of vital metabolic processes. Discover what essential fatty acids are and how to obtain them for your body.
CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) is a acid of natural source present in vegetable oils and in the milk and meat of ruminant animals, which has been of great interest in recent times for its beneficial effects on human health. Several studies have shown that the consumption of 1500 to 3000 mg of CLA a day leads to the elimination of fat accumulation in the body. CLA also restores strength and tone to the muscles, preventing flaccidity.
Aloe vera is a plant traditionally used in the herbal world for its many healthy properties, mainly for its positive effects on the skin, but also for general health.
- We can’t avoid getting older, there’s no doubt about it. The problem arises when we try to explain the phenomenon scientifically. Biological aging processes are included in more and more scientific studies. We can’t stop aging but its appearance can be slowed down.
What is a cleansing or détox diet? Here are the keys to a cleansing diet and tips for cleansing yourself, and other healthy lifestyle tips
- Sedentary work, lack of exercise, excess weight, professions that require long periods stood up, pregnancy and age can be the cause of discomfort due to poor circulation in the legs. This can be because the blood vessels have lost their elasticity due to long-term strain, making it harder for the blood to reach the heart. Discover our specialists’ tips for reducing the effects of tired legs.
- Eating excessively, too fast, stressed out or overdoing extra fatty foods can cause indigestion and constipation. These disorders can usually be solved by adopting certain perventive messures
Among the many products that bees provide us with, pollen is one of the most energizing. Bees extract pollen from flowers, make small pellets of it and keep it in their honeycombs in small, specially dedicated cells. This pollen is also enriched with the nectar from which they produce the honey, which increases its nutritional properties and health benefits. Pollen contains protein (almost all the essential amino acids), and is the largest known source of vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates.
From the seeds of evening primrose (also called primrose) is obtained by cold pressing, a rare and extremely valuable oil extremely rich in Essential Fatty Acids. Many researches and studies carried out in the last 20 or 30 years in different countries show the efficacy, without any side effects, of evening primrose in the treatment of premenstrual syndrome and mood, relieving irritability, anxiety,,.. But these are not its only properties...
Our organism is constantly exposed to the potential invasion of numerous pathogenic substances that can lead us to become ill, such as viruses, bacteria or fungi, if our immune system is not "prepared". Here are some tips on how to help your immune system by taking care of your diet.