Category: Nutrition and Diet
Sudden changes in temperature can affect the condition of our skin. For this reason, vitamin E is a good ally, mainly thanks to its antioxidant properties and its protection from skin damage such as harmful radiation from the sun and environmental pollution.
Did you know that it also plays a role in the good condition of our skin? Besides its important role in the immune system, vitamin C is essential in many cellular processes of the body for its antioxidant action.
Selenium is a key mineral for the normal functioning of many processes in the body, taking part in different biological functions, mainly antioxidants. Apart from these internal processes, it also contributes to the normal maintenance of hair and nails.
Vitamins and minerals are involved in and contribute to each stage of the immune response. It has been shown that vitamin C and zinc play an important role within the general immune function.
Vitamin A is involved in different internal processes, but mainly it is related to the maintenance of a normal visual functioning. One of the forms of vitamin A is known as retinol, which is part of the structures of the eye and its normal functioning.
During the changes of season, and particularly in autumn, it is usual to feel that hair falls out more than usual. High temperature changes between day and night or cold outside, internal heating or stress make hair fall out.
Intake of some foods and nutrients through the diet can have positive effects on sexual functioning and sperm quality for good sexual health. There are some vitamins and minerals that play an important role in this area, and here are some of them.
- During the coldest months of the year, the respiratory tract may be affected by both humidity and temperature changes. Vitamin D is necessary for the normal functioning of the Immune System, which acts against external agent that may affect us.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant that is produced in the mitochondria, the cells responsible for energy production. It is responsible for energy production and it is important to keep coenzyme levels under control so that our bodies continue to function properly.
- Rest is one of the most essential needs that human beings have, and many of our vital functions depend on it. The amount of melatonin plays an important role in our natural sleep cycle.
Especially during the change of season, it is important to develop our immune system and learn how to take care of it by providing it with the necessary nutrients, such as vitamin C, to maintain its good condition.
- Foods for the immune system and defenses: what to eat Keeping our digestive system in good shape significantly helps our immune system. An inadequate diet, with a shortage of fiber and an excess of fried foods and saturated fats, excessive intake of coffee, sugar and alcohol adversely affects the immune system. Prolonged treatments with antibiotics, […]
Magnesium is one of the most abundant minerals in the human body and it is also important for the condition of the bones and the muscular system, and inter alia. It can be found in food, as well as food supplements.
At early ages, eating habits start to be established and developed.To allow for a proper growth and development in children and teenagers, it is essential to pay special attention to their nutrition.
The summer season allows us to make the good weather more enjoyable and eat out with friends and family, but the food we eat outside may not have the same quality controls as in a home kitchen.
Whatever means of transport you use to reach your holiday destination, a successful journey depends on good planning. At MARNYS we offer you ten tips that will help you enjoy a trouble-free holiday.
- Blueberries and cranberries have many advantages thanks to their antioxidant properties. We tell you all about them and their positive benefits.
You may have heard the word beta-carotene and associated it with carrots. Do you know what its properties are and how they relate to vitamin A?
Lubrication in the vaginal area has several functions such as reducing friction during sex. The causes of vaginal dryness are very diverse and it is prevalent among women of all ages.
Eating too much, too fast, under stress or eating too much food with a high fat and low fibre level may cause indigestion and constipation. In most cases, these problems can be solved by taking some preventive measures.