Detox with a depurative diet
Spring and Autumn are the best seasons to start a depurative diet; not only do the offer great results in terms of weight, but also help our bodies to regenate and favor the elimination of toxins.
Our liver carries out numerous functions, among which include neutrolising toxins, manufacturing bile,processing fats, manufacturing and breaking down hormones, absorbing vitamins and storing glucogen. For all its vital functions, it is convenient to keep the liver the healthiest possible. It can actually be considering a manufacturing and depurating lab.
That's why it is convenient to carry out some kind of detox and depurating healing and taking liquid removing actions; depurative diets do. They may consist on excluding meat, fish, dairy products, coffee, cigs and exciters and any refined food from our diet.
Mono diets based on fruit, juice and vegetable broth can also come out pretty handy. Within the fruit group apples, cherries, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, grapefruit, papaya and loquat can become our best allies. Amongst vegetables, artichokes, cards, onion, curled lettuce, beets are some of the most convenient ones.
Depurative healing is seriuous business which can benefit our health by far, but always under the supervision of a doctor or qualified therapist natural practitioner, as these professionals know how to interpret the true signs and symptoms of healing crises.
TIPS TO DETOX
1.Meat and fish are vetoed from the "green table"
2. Fruits, vegetables and nuts must be eaten raw. Boiling is another alternative, although we musn't abuse and do it at low temperatures (70ºC). Eat fruit right before meals or two hours earlier.
3. Fried foods are banned. If you decide to cook use very little oil.
4. White bread must be replaced for whole-wheat bread, and the same goes for sugar, which would be substituted for honey or brown sugar and for cereal: brown cereal is the best choice.
5. Fresh fruit and vegetable juice will replace pop, fermented and unnatural beverages.
6. Coffee, cigs and alcohol are stimulating substance which must be rejected.
7. Salt and spices are not quite recommended either; but neither are canned foods and those with synthetic ingredients.
8. Drink at least two litres of water a day is a rule which must be accomplished, plus a complete series of infusions.
9. Eating slowly and mixing your food bits with saliva favour digestion.
10. Tea is very good to remove liquids due to its diuretic function and low levels of caffein. Green tea is also healthy thanks to its phyto-chemical anti oxydant substances such as catechins.