Propolis, a source of health
Published: 15 June, 2015 - Updated: 7 September, 2020 | 1'
PROPOLIS is a resinous substance used by bees to cover and protect the beehive. It is obtained from buds and barks of some trees. Propolis is rich in flavonoids and essential oils, apart from containing trace elements, vitamins and amino acids. PROPOLIS: HEALTH SOURCE
The word propolis comes from the Greek and means “defence of the city” ( pro meaning “in front of” and polis “city”).
It consists of a complex resin collected from buds and barks of trees by bees and is used to disinfect the beehive cells.
Thanks to its antibiotic action, propolis protects from viruses and bacteria, making the beehive one of the most sterile places known in our planet.
Propolis contains a variety of substances: amino acids, vitamins, minerals, etc. Flavonoids stand out among all of them. Raw propolis contains 500 times more flavonoids than oranges, which are recommended for convalescence. Nevertheless, scientific research carried out all over the world shows that the effect of propolis is due to the synergistic effect of its different constituents. Due to its composition and properties it is usually recommended in case of recurrent respiratory infections or in any situation where body defences are weak.
MARNYS® has been researching on bee products like propolis or royal jelly for several decades. Year-long research and development with the use of new technologies has enabled us to create high-quality products valued at international level. In 1999, our products were awarded the Gold Medal for Quality at APIMONDIA International Apicultural Congress, held in Vancouver (Canada) in 1999, competing against companies of the USA, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, etc.
The main quality features of MARNYS® Propolis Line are:
- Completely natural products.
- Propolis has been used by humans for more than 3000 years.
- Highest quality and purity. MARNYS® uses only purified propolis, free of wax and impurities, processed with own technology.
- High content of active principles (Galangin), which make MARNYS® propolis products very effective.
- They are presented in a variety of formats (capsules, drinkable vials, tincture, lozenges, etc).
- MARNYS® selects best-quality propolis worldwide, made by bees in unpolluted regions of the earth.