11 July, 2018
Martínez Nieto, S.A. – MARNYS obtains the AEO Certificate, customs authorities’ trust mark
The company Martinez Nieto, S.A, as MARNYS® manufacturer, importer and exporter, has obtained the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) Certificate, recognition granted by the customs authorities that endorse the company as a trusted partner in the international supply chain.
Martinez Nieto, S.A – MARNYS® has received the Type F Authorisation, which covers the two existing authorisations: Customs Simplifications (Type C) and Security and Safety (Type S). Safety and security of Martinez Nieto S.A – MARNYS® are then guaranteed throughout the transportation process, as well as the possibility of benefiting from customs simplifications, what translates into better planning for the company, and greater loyalty and safety for customers.
In order to obtain the Authorised Economic Operator status, the following common criteria from the Union Customs Code must be met:
- A satisfactory history of compliance with customs legislation and taxation rules.
- Absence of criminal offences related to the economic activity.
- Appropriate record keeping for commercial records–and, if applicable, for transport records–that enables appropriate customs control.
- Proven financial solvency.
- Proven practical standards of competence or professional qualifications.
- Appropriate security and safety measures.
The Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) Certificate is governed by the Union Customs Code and Regulations EC 2913/1992 and EC 2454/1993. It is applied both in the European Union and at international level to those countries possessing AEO Mutual Recognition Agreements (United States, Norway, Japan, Switzerland and China).