Açai bowl, how to make a trendy breakfast
Published: 24 November, 2020 | 2'
You may have heard of smoothiebowls or seen pictures on social networks of these delicious and nutritious breakfasts or desserts in a bowl. They have recently gone viral because of the beautiful and colourful decoration with fruit and seeds, worthy of an Instagram photo.
Açai has become very well known precisely because of its use in smoothiebowls, as well as its characteristic purple colour, for the nutritional properties of this already well-known superfood. Its antioxidant properties and its protein, fibre and Omega 9 content, among others, are particularly outstanding.
MARNYS® shows you how to prepare your Açai bowl and benefit from all the properties of Acai berry in a quick and easy way, perfect to start the day with energy.
Açai bowl recipe with Açai juice MARNYS.
It is difficult to get fresh fruit if you live in Spain, as it is not very often to find it in supermarkets and shops as it comes from South America.
Therefore, we recommend you to prepare your Açai bowl with MARNYS® Açai Juice: it contains Açai fruit concentrate, it is naturally made without preservatives and it is suitable for vegans. Besides, you only need a small amount of juice to add to your preparations and get the taste and properties of this fruit.
Preparation time: 3 minutes | Difficulty: easy | Serving size: 1 person
- 1 frozen ripe banana.
- 2 frozen strawberries.
- 50 g of frozen raspberries or blueberries
- Vegetable drink to your taste until you get the desired texture (can be coconut, oat, soya...).
- 30 ml MARNYS® Açai juice.
- Toppings to decorate: fresh split fruit, seeds, grated coconut and/or nuts.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender or food processor (except the toppings) and blend until you get a thick cream. It is important that the fruit is frozen first, so that it is creamier and has a texture similar to that of frozen yoghurt.
- Pour the mixture into your favourite bowl, decorate with the toppings and... Enjoy!
Two exquisite Açai drinks to start your daily routine.
Apart from the Açai bowl, MARNYS® Açai juice can be used for many recipes such as smoothies, smoothies or preparing juices with other fruits and/or cereals. We provide you with some ideas:
Açai and fruit smoothies.
In the blender or glass mixer add Açai juice, banana, strawberries and almond milk, blending or beating until you get the desired texture. It can be taken alone or added to your favourite cereals.
Açai juice and honey
Add Açai juice, oats, yeast, orange and honey to the blender or glass mixer. Serve directly for drinking.
What is the taste of Açai?.
The Açai fruit has an exotic, unique and pleasant taste that is similar to berries or raspberries with a taste of chocolate. This flavour is perfect to include in breakfasts, sweet snacks, snacks or desserts.