Developing the R&D&i Project:
Development of a proprietary and exclusive ingredient according to its target characteristics that allows the development of new innovative products in the sports nutrition sector, with proven effectiveness through clinical trials.
Technical objectives of the project:
- Search, identification and selection of ingredients of interest according to the desired functionality.
- Develop the mechanism that allows the powder matrix to have a sustained and controlled release profile, maintaining a constant threshold of active ingredient in the blood, without sudden drops or release peaks.
- Develop 3 different formulations focused on specific moments of the training period, seeking complementary ingredients for this purpose.
- Verify the effectiveness of the formulated products in high-performance athletes, through the development of clinical trials.
- Development of stability tests, achieving a shelf life of 18 months.
- Development of organoleptic tests for the acceptance of the formulated products.
- Development of microbiological tests for the acceptance of the formulated products.
- Perform physicochemical tests on the formulations obtained during plant scaling to ensure compliance with the specifications of the formulated products.
Project execution location: AVENIDA DEL CARBONO, 96. 30369 LOS CAMACHOS, (MURCIA)
Project execution period: 05/03/2018 – 31/08/2019
Project budget: 337,456.00 €
CDTI and FEDER co-financing: 286,837.60 €