Vitamin C + Zinc VITAHELP Line
The appropriate duo for your immune function
Contains vitamin C and Zinc in capsules
MARNYS® VITAMIN C+ZINC is a food supplement in capsules containing 500mg vitamin C and 25mg zinc, and is suitable for vegans. Vitamin C and zinc play a significant and complementary part in supporting the innate and adaptive immune systems.
The sources in MARNYS Vitamin C+Zinc capsules are L-ascorbic acid and zinc oxide, respectively.
Vitamin C and Zinc count on helpful healthy properties (EFSA):
- They contribute to normal function of the immune system and to cellular protection from oxidative damage.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal formation of collagen in skin, bones, cartilage and blood vessels.
- Zinc contributes to normal maintenance of skin, hair and nails.
- Zinc contributes to normal metabolism of macronutrients.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism and increases the absorption of iron.
MARNYS® VITAMIN C+ZINC is especially recommended for people over 18 years old who want to maintain a good function of the immune system, protecting cells and tissues from oxidative damage, as well as for those who want to favour the maintenance of skin, nails and hair.
- HOW TO USE
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
HOW TO USE
1 capsule a day. For individuals over 18 years old
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), zinc oxide and bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose). Vegetable capsule composition: hypromellose and colour (yellow iron oxide).
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS||PER CAPSULE||% NRV|
|Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid)||500 mg||625|
|Zinc (zinc oxide)||25 mg||250|
|% NRV (Nutrient Reference Value)|
· Food supplements should not be used as a substitiute for a balanced nutrition.
· It is recommended to keep a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
· Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
· Keep away from children.
· Do not store at a temperatures above 30ºC.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT VITAMIN C + ZINC VITAHELP LINE
Can pregnant or breastfeeding women take vitamin C + Zinc VITAHELP?
The EFSA defined doses for vitamin C during pregnancy or breastfeeding are 105-155 mg/day, so we do not recommend taking Vitamin C + Zinc Vitahelp Line, and we suggest that you ask your doctor for advice.
Is the VITAHELP Vitamin C + Zinc suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
Yes, it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Is the VITAHELP Vitamin C + Zinc suitable for people intolerant or sensitive to gluten?
Vitamin C + Zinc VITAHELP is gluten-free and therefore suitable for coeliacs.
When should vitamin C + Zinc VITAHELP be taken during the day?
The best way is to take it in the morning about 15 minutes before breakfast.
Can I take Vitamin C + Zinc VITAHELP together with other food supplements, vitamins or minerals?
Yes, it can be taken together with other food supplements, vitamins and minerals. If you have any questions, please ask your doctor or health care professional.
How long can I take Vitamin C + Zinc VITAHELP for?
The general recommendation is to take it for three months and assess the results, then, if necessary, continue taking it. If you have any questions, contact your doctor or medical professional.
TO KNOW MORE
What is the activity of vitamin C?
Vitamin C has got a direct antioxidant capacity and contributes to protecting cells from the harmful effects of oxidative free radicals, for example during immunological activation or when our skin is exposed solar radiation. The human body actually counts on layers of fatty acids, especially skin and intestinal or lung epithelium, which are susceptible to oxidation. Vitamin C is involved in the maintenance of these structures.
Vitamin C is highly concentrated in immune cells like white blood cells and in skin cells.
In immune cells (for example white blood cells) its concentration is 50 to 100 times higher than that in blood, and this fact entails a relevant role in maintaining phagocytosis and the regulation of oxidation to face possible aggressive agents.
What is the activity of the mineral Zinc?
Zinc has got essential structural, regulating or catalytic functions in many enzymes. This mineral maintains the configuration of several proteins such as insulin and thymulin (of an immunological nature). It facilitates binding hormones to tissues or organs where they will carry out their activity and can maintain the integrity of biomembranes. Accordingly, Zinc takes part in the mechanisms and control of the main metabolic pathways involving proteins, carbohydrates, nucleic acids and lipids.
- European Food Safety Authority (2006). Tolerable Upper Intake Levels for Vitamins and Minerals.
- Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to zinc and function of the immune system. EFSA Journal 2009.
- Olechnowicz, J. et al. (2018). J. Physiol Sci.
- Wintergerst, E. S. et al (2006). Immune-Enhancing Role of Vitamin C and Zinc and Effect on Clinical Conditions. Ann Nutr Metab.
- Ball, G. F. M. (2004). Vitamins: Their Role in the Human Body.
Gladys Tabacman Montorfano –
Very good, I noticed the difference with other brands from the first bottle. The combination of vitamin C and Zinc seems to me to be a success. I had been recommended both and took them separately, with this one I have the 2 in 1. It is the second time I buy it and I will continue to do so.
[Translated from marnys.es]
Luis P. –
It is very well priced and lasts for several months. I like this vitamin.
[Translated from marnys.es]