Controlling dietary intakes
Glucomannan, the fibre that helps weight loss when combined with a low calorie diet.
MARNYS® REDUKIL formula complements the control of a healthy weight, due to its satiating effect and the regulation of intestinal transit.
MARNYS® REDUKIL contains Glucomannan, which in the context of a low calories diet contributes to weight loss. Its benefits are obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of glucomannan (three doses of 1 g), with abundant water before meals and in combination with a low calorie diet.
Glucomannan is a fibre that contains numerous polysaccharides (intertwined sugars). It is obtained from, Amorphophallus konjac, a plant native to Eastern Asia which has a remarkable capacity to capture water, providing high viscosity (resistance to flow) to the solutions it forms.
This property leads to swelling the stomach whenever Glucomannan is ingested, causing a feeling of satiety, as well as raising the viscosity within the gastrointestinal tract, what delays the gastric emptying and provides a feeling of fullness. Viscosity is also associated with the effect of weight loss, as it is responsible for the slow absorption of macronutrients and increased satiety.
Glucomannan (Amorphophallus konjac) present in MARNYS® REDUKIL formula is highly purified, guarantees a viscosity of more than 110,000 cps, and provides the following benefits:
- Contributes to weight loss (EFSA, 2010), together with a low-calorie diet, up to 25% weight loss is obtained3.
- It favours the normal maintenance of blood cholesterol levels (EFSA, 2010), which contributes to good cardiovascular function.
- The use of Glucomannan has also shown to favour the normalisation of glucose metabolism3,5, contributing to the maintenance of the cardiovascular system.
- HOW TO USE
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
HOW TO USE
2 capsules together with 1-2 glasses of water, 3 times a day before meals.
Per capsule: Glucomannan (500 mg) and microcrystalline cellulose.
Capsule shell composition: gelatin.
Choking hazard for people with problems swallowing or who take glucomannan with insufficient liquid. Recommended to take product with abundant water to ensure that the substance reaches the stomach.
· Food supplements should not be used as a substitiute for a balanced nutrition.
· It is recommended to keep a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
· Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
· Keep away from children.
· Do not store at a temperatures above 30ºC.
TO KNOW MORE
- Complementing the conventional low-calorie diet with dietary fibre has been shown to be effective in reducing the sense of hunger and increasing the feeling of fullness, while solving the problem of constipation, which is very often associated with a drastic reduction in calorie intake. All this translates into a greater willingness to maintain over time the results achieved in weight loss and, therefore, a greater frequency of successful dietary treatment.
- In the vast majority of metabolic diseases such as Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases, among others, the first factor of intervention is to lose weight. To this end, the approach includes several stages, which are endorsed by the European Guidelines for the Management of Obesity in Adults. These stages include: Initial: Low calorie intake; Reduction: Decrease fat; Transition: Control of appetite with calorie / fat reduction; Stabilization: Adjustment, monitoring of weight maintenance.