Omega 3 + 6 Junior
Plant-based omegas that nourish and contribute to children's development
High content of Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids of plant origin
MARNYS® Omega 3+6 Junior is a food supplement based on valuable Vegetable Omega Oils from Borage (Omega 6, minimum gamma-linoleic acid -GLA- content: 20%) and Flaxseed (Omega 3, minimum α-linolenic acid content: 55%), which contribute to normal cardiovascular and gastrointestinal function and to normal maintenance of the immune system, especially during growth and organ maturation in children.
The contribution of MARNYS® Omega 3+6 Junior to the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and immune systems is shown through the properties of its ingredients:
- Flaxseed Omegas contribute to normal cardiovascular and gastrointestinal function (EFSA ON HOLD 2621, 2721, 2076, 3926). Flaxseeds (Linum usitatissimum) contain 32 to 45% of its weight in fatty acids, of which 55% approximately are α-linolenic acids (Omega 3-ALA) and 18% linoleic acid (Omega 6-LA), both from the Omega series. Flaxseed is one of the natural sources with the highest Omega-3-ALA content.
- Borage Omegas contribute to normal maintenance of the immune system (EFSA ON HOLD 2617). Borage (Borago officinalis) is an evergreen shrub of Mediterranean origin and its seeds represent one of the vegetable sources with the highest Omega-6-GLA (gamma-linoleic acid) content, and it has been traditionally used in the herbology of ancient peoples from North Africa in different situations of weakening or exhaustion and for the skin.
MARNYS® Omega 3+6 Junior is recommended for children from 4 years of age and adults who want to favour a normal cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and immune maintenance and development.
With a pleasant tutti-frutti flavour. Suitable for vegans.
- HOW TO USE
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
HOW TO USE
1 daily intake of recommended dose according to age. Do not heat.
Borage oil (Borago officinalis), Flaxseed oil (Linum usitatissimum), blend of tocopherols at 50%, flavour, sucralose.
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS||PER 5 ml|
|Omega 6||1650 mg|
|· C 18:2n6 Linoleic acid||1050 mg|
|· C 18:3n6 GLA||600 mg|
|Omega 3||440 mg|
|· C 18:3 Alpha-linolenic acid||440 mg|
· Food supplements should not be used as a substitiute for a balanced nutrition.
· It is recommended to keep a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
· Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
· Keep away from children.
· Do not store at a temperatures above 30ºC.
TO KNOW MORE
Why are Omegas important for foetal and child development?
According to nutritionist Dr. Arianna Carughi (2010) from Stanford University: "Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids are longer versions of the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). There are a total of eight omega-3 fatty acids involved in human nutrition. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are the main omega-3 fatty acids in the diet and in tissues. The synthesis of Omega-3 in the human body is slow. In the fetus and the newborn, synthesis is insufficient and so they dependend practically entirely on the mother's supply. Maternal Omega-3 status is also critical during pregnancy and lactation because these nutrients are key for the brain and the nervous system. Omega-3s (especially DHA) are particularly concentrated in retinal and neuronal cell membranes. It is crucial for neurotransmission and neurogenesis.
Perfect for my daughters. They don’t reject it because of the taste, on the contrary, they like it.
[Translated from marnys.es]
It’s perfect for my children’s care, and they love the tutifruit flavour. Much better than the cod liver or castor oil that our grandmothers used to give us.
[Translated from marnys.es]