Boragemar Borage Oil
Skin and joints with a touch of natural nutrition
Top-quality, pure Borage oil with natural vitamin E in practical soft gel capsules
MARNYS® Boragemar provides GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) and natural vitamin E, which contribute to skin and joint structure.
The Borage oil (with high GLA content) in MARNYS® Boragemar softgels has been extracted from Borago officinalis seeds by cold-pressing, a mechanical procedure carried out at low temperatures, preserving therefore the beneficial properties of fatty acids and without chemical additives.
The ingredients in MARNYS® Boragemar provide the following properties:
- Vitamin E contributes to cellular protection from oxidative damage (EFSA). The natural sources of vitamin E come mainly from vegetables: cereal grains and nuts, beans and seeds, which are rich in fatty acids as well. The vitamin E in MARNYS® Boragemar is natural, being its source d-α-tocopherol.
- The Borage Oil in MARNYS® Boragemar represents an exclusive combination of Omega 6 and 9, 20% GLA, 35% linoleic acid and 15% oleic acid, they all essential fatty acids that are part of the structure of connective tissues like skin and joints.
- Borage Oil counts on anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of Omega 6 (GLA+Linoleic acid) (EFSA ON HOLD 2617).
- Borage is included in the Italian Ministry's list on botanical functional properties, where it is recognised as useful for skin and joints.
Presented in soft gel capsules for better preservation and dosage.
MARNYS® Boragemar is an excellent supplement for those who are concerned about their skin and joint structure, as well as obtaining antioxidant protection.
- HOW TO USE
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
HOW TO USE
Take 2 soft gel capsules a day, preferably before meals.
Borage oil (min. 20% GLA) and vitamin E (d-α-tocopherol).
Capsule shell composition: gelatin, glycerin and water.
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS||PER CAPSULE||%NRV|
|Borage Oil||500 mg||•|
|Natural Vitamin E (d-α-tocopherol)||10 mg||83|
|*Oil obtained from the seeds of Borago officinalis by cold pressure.|
%VRN (reference value of nutrients)
· Food supplements should not be used as a substitiute for a balanced nutrition.
· It is recommended to keep a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
· Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
· Keep away from children.
· Do not store at a temperatures above 30ºC.
TO KNOW MORE
What is Borage?
Borage (Borago officinalis) is an herbaceous plant, approximately 60cm high, whose leaves are large, oval and pubescent (fuzzy), with a smell and taste similar to that of cucumber. Its star-shaped flowers are blue, white or pink.
Borage seeds are one of the richest vegetable sources of Omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), reaching up to 40%.
Borage counts on a variety of culinary uses and both leaves and stems can be used. They are ideal for salads when raw. It is a good side dish for soups and broths, its stems can be sautéed with egg, or added into in juices or teas. There are desserts with its leaves sweetened and fried. A very popular recipe in Aragon called ‘Revuelto de Amelia’ (Amelia’s scrambled eggs and borage) combines the stems of Borage with chard, garlic and egg.
In traditional herbology, Borage seed oil has been used as an emollient and tonic, and due to many other very interesting properties for health.