Why ionised elements are important
Published: 6 October, 2016 - Updated: 17 July, 2017 | 4'
All of the nutrients that humankind needs to be healthy can be found on Earth. There is a perfect balance between these minerals and what our bodies need. The problem is that humans are subject to the effects of the water cycle, which sweeps the minerals from the ground’s surface along with the rain water.
For millions of years, anything from tiny seeds to the tallest tree has dissolved minerals ionically, absorbing them from the depths and depositing them in the ground, where they can easily be swept along by water. To add to this problem, aggressive farming techniques have impoverished the land. Moreover, many fertilisers and pesticides take minerals from the land, meaning that very few minerals can be absorbed by fruits and vegetables. When people eat produce that has grown in such poor soil, the intake of essential elements is no longer sufficient. This can be damaging for important physiological functions and can cause illnesses.
WHAT ARE MINERALS?
Minerals are nothing more than chemical elements, many of which we learnt about in our chemistry lessons at school. They’re the elements that make up the Universe, Earth and every being that lives on it, including you.
We know that minerals also form part of human beings. Our body includes calcium and phosphorus in our bones; zinc, copper, iron and sulphur are in some proteins; magnesium, potassium and sodium are found in bodily fluids and cellular liquids.
These minerals, and many others, are essential for some of the chemical and electrical processes that take place in our bodies, and what’s more, it’s important that they’re present in balanced concentrations. A lack or excess of any of these minerals could lead to illness.
WHY TRACE ELEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT
It may be surprising that some elements, which seem so detached from living beings, are naturally found in our bodies and are essential for them to function correctly. But in reality, without cobalt, we would not have vitamin B12, whose structure is part of an essential for the formation of blood cells. Selenium is known to boost the antioxidant activity of vitamin E. Iodine is part of thyroid hormone structure, known because it regulates metabolism. Chrome helps our cells make good use of glucose to obtain energy. Widely unknown are Molybdenum and Manganese, without which some enzymatic systems would not function correctly.
A NEW PLAGUE: IONIC IMBALANCE
Given that our bodies require almost two thirds of all the elements known to man, we need to have a balanced amount of these minerals to keep healthy. Life’s daily demands require a constant intake of minerals.
What’s more, some situations increase stress and the demands on our body are greater. Our body becomes especially vulnerable to mineral deficiencies.
The reason why it’s healthy to take mineral and ionic trace element complexes, such those that provide a source of sea water, is because without minerals, our bodies cannot effectively make use of the rest of the nutrients and vitamins.
There are 92 known elements, another 22 hypothetical elements and hundreds of isotopic variations. It is not surprising that scientists are now starting to discover the effects and relationships between minerals in the human system, such as minerals that help keep a healthy balance and which adverse effects are caused by mineral imbalance.
Many situations in our daily lives, such as stress, regular exercise or diets that are too restrictive and poor in nutrients, cause imbalance in our bodies. Symptoms of such deficiencies could be cramps, hair loss, general fatigue, among others.
Our bodies try to compensate for these deficiencies by increasing the absorption of the minerals needed in the intestine. These minerals have to be adopted ionically in the diet so that they are more bioavailable. If we want to keep healthy, we must include the correct amount of ionic minerals in our diets.
The minerals and trace elements that we need as human beings must be included in our diets. However, we are faced with more and more problems associated with mineral deficiencies, because food is lacking these substances, which are so important for keeping us healthy.
Many of the elements that were once in abundance in the soil have been swept out to sea. As such, the sea’s chemical composition is so complex that it can no longer be reproduced by science.
All of the elements needed to keep us alive can be found ionically charged and in perfect balance in the sea, ready to be absorbed by our bodies. However, not all oceans have the same mineral wealth. Only the water in certain inland seas, which is suitably treated, can act as a nutritional supplement that provides the minerals that we need.
IONIZED MINERAL SUPPLEMENT USES
- Renew electrolytes: Increase energy and vitality via the renovation and mineral balance of bodily fluids.
- Skin, hair and nails: As a nutritional supplement.
- Liquid massage complement (must be diluted due to its high concentration, avoid open wounds and eyes if not diluted with abundant water).
- Normalise digestion.
- Calcium absorption: Certain mineral supplements have a high magnesium concentration, which help absorb calcium also contained in said supplements.
- Cardiovascular health: The heart needs magnesium for each heartbeat; potassium is another mineral needed for contraction of heart muscles.
- Absorption and function of vitamins: Vitamins do not function without minerals; a mineral complex helps absorb vitamins.
- Athletes and body builders.
- Carbonated drinks: Adding drops of mineral supplements to carbonated drinks can reduce the undesirable effects of carbonatation.
- Food: To remineralise and add flavour to any dish.
- Remineralisation of water with low mineral content or distilled water.
- Gardens and plants: Add to soil in general, and especially over-exploited soil, where minerals are scarce. Mineral supplements are beneficial for house plants, gardens and large plantations when the correct solution is applied.
- Domestic animals: When your pets eat grass or soil, it is the first sign that they are lacking essential minerals. They could receive this necessary mineral intake via mineral supplements.