MARTÍNEZ NIETO, S.A presents its 2022 Sustainability Report to coincide with its 55 years of history
- The Sustainability Report reflects the company’s commitment to sustainable development through its six CSR programs.
MARTÍNEZ NIETO, S.A presents its Sustainability Report for the year 2022. This document has been prepared in accordance with the new GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) 2021 standards, the international reference institution for the preparation of sustainability reports.
For the fourth consecutive year, the results of the company’s responsible management with respect to ESG criteria (environmental, social, and corporate governance) are included.
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Plan is the origin and foundation of the six CSR programs, through which the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are addressed:
- MARNYS PLANET: protection of the environment, climate, and terrestrial and underwater ecosystems, clean energy, sustainable production and consumption, and reduction and compensation of polluting emissions.
- MARNYS COMMUNITY: dialogue with stakeholders, promotion of equal opportunities and socio-labor integration, support for the most disadvantaged groups, alliances for peace, education, and people’s security.
- MARNYS HEALTHY: promotion and protection of the health and well-being of individuals and the environments where they live and work.
- MARNYS TALENT: professional and personal development of collaborators, qualification and continuous training, support for education and training for employment of the most disadvantaged groups, partnerships with entities for professional internships, promotion of female talent, junior and senior talent, local talent, etc.
- MARNYS QUALITY: assurance and reinforcement of product quality and manufacturing processes, continuous improvement plans, research, development, and innovation, and coordinated actions to ensure customer, consumer, and supplier satisfaction.
- MARNYS ECOFIN: measures to guarantee the stability of collaborators, suppliers, and customers, promoting economic and social development, good corporate governance, and ESG criteria in decision making, establishing strategic alliances with various entities, associations, and institutions to achieve the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda.
For Roberto Martínez Moeckel, CEO of Martínez Nieto, S.A.: «In 2022, great advances and commitments have been achieved in terms of corporate social responsibility, such as collaboration with those affected by the war in Ukraine, increasing support for numerous organizations working for the needy, the “Play Chess with MARNYS” program for promoting chess in classrooms, the EMURI interuniversity chair, carbon-neutral shipments, the solidarity company box, sponsorship and collaboration with numerous sports events and teams from different categories and disciplines, among others. These actions reflect our determination to continue generating a positive impact on society and building a sustainable future for all».
The publication of the 2022 Sustainability Report coincides with the company’s 55th anniversary. In the words of José Martínez Nieto, president and founder: “Since the beginnings of MARNYS® – Martínez Nieto S.A. in 1968, we have remained faithful to our founding values of quality, excellence, and responsibility. Currently, these values are not only deeply rooted in our corporate identity, but they have also experienced significant growth materialized in our social responsibility actions”.
The 2022 Sustainability Report is available on the MARNYS website and can be consulted in its complete version, as well as the versions of the previous three years.