Find your kind of skin and learn how to take care of it.
Published: 15 July, 2021 | 2'
How to identify your kind of skin?
Each skin has its own characteristics so it is important to identify and know what kind of skin we have in order to care for it properly and with the most suitable products.
If you have doubts about what your kind of skin is and how to identify it for a proper daily care, we give you a test to identify your skin type and advice on how to take care of it.
Test to identify your kind of skin
We tell you about the main characteristics of each kind of skin and the daily care routines to nourish and moisturise your skin with natural cosmetics.
In general terms, there are five skin types:
- Normal skin, can be recognised by its smoothness, barely visible pores, even tone, smooth appearance and elasticity.
- Dry skin has a rougher and tighter appearance, with less elasticity, dehydrated and with a lack of lipids (greasiness).
- Oily skin, which, as its name indicates, has excess oil, shiny, acne-prone skin and visibly more dilated pores.
- Mixed skin, is the most common as it is between normal and oily skin, as the T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) shows signs of oily skin, however, the rest of the areas, such as the cheeks, are more prone to normal or even dry skin.
- Atopic, sensitive or reactive skin is easily irritated due to external and internal factors, with redness, itchiness or other unpleasant sensations such as burning or tightness.
Skin changes over time. For example, in adolescence, oily skin is common, while as we get older, the skin becomes drier.