Top 10 questions to ask yourself to keep up your immune system
Dr. Luis Gutiérrez Serantes helps us to answer the most frequently asked questions about how to keep the immune system healthy.
Flu or cold? Keys to differentiate them and natural remedies
Cough, sneeze, mucus, fever, joint pain, headaches, do we have a cold or flu? There are some keys to differentiate them and some natural remedies to better cope with their symptoms.
Health professionals contribute their knowledge in our articles to disseminate verified and truthful information.
The most read
- We know why sports injuries occur and what are the most common types of injuries, with the help of healthcare specialists.
Caffeine is a substance widely used in sport for endurance exercise, anaerobic-based exercise and strength/power activities.
Both glucosamine and chondroitin are natural structural elements of our body tissues, especially cartilage. We tell you how they differ, what their benefits are and where to find them.
Both arthritis and osteoarthritis affect bones, ligaments and joints, and they have many common symptoms, including joint stiffness and pain. However, the difference between them is important. Find out about the main types of arthritis, how arthritis and osteoarthritis are different, and the main treatments .
- Foods for the immune system and defenses: what to eat Keeping our digestive system in good shape significantly helps our immune system. An inadequate diet, with a shortage of fiber and an excess of fried foods and saturated fats, excessive intake of coffee, sugar and alcohol adversely affects the immune system. Prolonged treatments with antibiotics, […]
Vitamin D is essential for building and maintenance of bones and for normal functioning of the immune system. Did you know that ultraviolet light from the sun activates vitamin D? Find out why this happens and much more about this nutrient.
You have probably heard of cholesterol. However, you may not know very well what it is, what it consists of or how to control it. Why is bad cholesterol so harmful? Why does bad cholesterol rise? Is it possible to prevent bad cholesterol? We answer your questions.
Our organism is constantly exposed to the potential invasion of numerous pathogenic substances that can lead us to become ill, such as viruses, bacteria or fungi, if our immune system is not "prepared". Here are some tips on how to help your immune system by taking care of your diet.
- 22 November, 2023The causes of hair cycle disruption are multiple, with the most important being aging, genetics, hormonal changes, lifestyle, stress, and nutrition. Many phytochemicals such as saw palmetto, onion, red ginseng extract, and other natural products like amino acids, proteins, vitamins, and zinc have beneficial properties in promoting hair growth.
- 15 November, 2023Digital eye strain (DES) is a condition that encompasses visual and ocular symptoms resulting from prolonged use of digital electronic devices. 87% of young people aged 20 to 29 experience it due to the use of two or more digital devices, with particular importance in E-sports (gaming). Learn more about this issue.
- 10 November, 2023Why does anaemia occur in pregnancy? Anaemia is a common condition during pregnancy that affects approximately 40% of pregnant women worldwide.
- 6 November, 2023Aromatherapy is the use of distilled essential oils from aromatic plants to promote balance and a healthy lifestyle. But how do you obtain essential oils? How are they used? In this article, we show you how to use them to enjoy their benefits.
- 6 October, 2023The benefits of creatine go beyond the sports field, as recent studies suggest a potential positive effect on the nervous system. For those interested in its use, creatine monohydrate is an effective and affordable option.
- 11 September, 2023Probiotics in our daily diet provide benefits to our intestinal flora or microbiota, among other benefits.
- 6 September, 2023You will receive an extract from a post and you will translate it from Spanish to British English.
- 11 August, 2023Prebiotics are a type of dietary fiber that stimulates the growth of probiotics. Discover their benefits and how they are used in cosmetics.
- 24 June, 2023Whether you are an experienced runner or just starting out, it is important to inform yourself in order to reduce the risk of injuries. We spoke on the subject with healthcare specialists.
- 15 June, 2023We analyze some of the most popular diets today and what science says about them, with Dr. Yaiza Acosta, nutritionist and sports doctor, and scientific information specialist María Mercedes Sánchez.
- 23 February, 2023More than 75 million people suffer from it worldwide. We will explain what it is and what we can do to prevent it, with the guidance of Doctor Álvaro Sanjuán.
- 21 October, 2022
Find out what collagen peptides are and how they are useful for joints and skin.
- 3 July, 2022NATURAL alternatives VIA Marnys GRAnd range of products To perform at work, to keep up with the household tasks or to enjoy spare time with our family, friends and our partner. Our day-to-day life is very demanding and we often need extra energy, to break free from stress or to feel capable of physically performing […]
- 30 May, 2022
Find out how memory and concentration work and how they can be trained to retain memories and experiences.
- 13 May, 2022With a good diet and a healthy lifestyle, we can help to improve fertility. Find out what affects female fertility and which foods and nutrients can help.
- 13 May, 2022During pre-conception, pregnancy, post-partum and lactation, the demand for nutrients is highest. A healthy diet can be supplemented with vitamin and mineral supplements to balance nutrient requirements.
- 12 May, 2022Find out if sports or exercise-related factors can contribute to urinary tract infections, and what advice to follow when exercising if you already have cystitis.
- 12 May, 2022
Vitamin B12 is essential for the diet, especially for vegetarians and vegans. Find out why
- 15 March, 2022
Loss of smell, or Anosmia, is a smell disorder that affects a great part of the population. Find out what causes it and how it can be treated to recover it.
- 15 February, 2022Biotin or vitamin B7 is a vitamin known for its role in skin, hair and nails. It has hair care properties to keep hair looking healthy, strong and shiny. Find out all its benefits.