Coconut oil. Go COCOnuts!
Coconut oil (Cocos nucifera) is a vegetable oil whose properties make it an essential ally in both food and cosmetics.
Coconut oil has made a very important place for itself as a natural cosmetic. It is an ingredient widely used in beauty treatments due to its richness in essential fatty acids and its versatile use for both skin and hair.
As a food product, coconut is considered a superfood because of its high content of healthy fatty acids, proteins, vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium. For cooking, virgin coconut oil withstands high temperatures without oxidising or altering its beneficial properties.
MARNYS® Coconut Oils
MARNYS® includes in its product lines coconut oil for cosmetic and food use.
MARNYS® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is 100% Natural and organic, obtained from first cold pressing, with no additives, colours or preservatives. Made without GMO ingredients (Genetically Modified Organisms).
MARNYS® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is perfect for cooking, baking, frying or even dressing salads and vegetables, making it a great substitute for any vegetable oil, margarine or butter. .
MARNYS® Coconut Oil provides hydration, softness and protection for your skin and hair.
It facilitates skin tanning in summer and hydration all year long. For hair, this is the best natural conditioner for unruly or frizzy hair as it leaves the hair easy to comb, soft and shiny.
MARNYS® Coconut Oil for cosmetic use is available in two formats: 100ml and 500ml with dispenser.
Production / Extraction
The range of MARNYS® Coconut Oils is obtained from the flesh of the Cocos nucifera species. MARNYS® Coconut Oil for cosmetic use is obtained through a gentle refining process that includes deodorisation. MARNYS® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for food use is obtained by cold mechanical pressing and filtration, preserving all its properties, flavour and characteristic scent of 100% natural coconut.
MARNYS® coconut oil quality assurance
MARNYS® counts on the best analysis instrumental, technical equipment and professional teams for unique quality control in our sector.
The analysis of Coconut Oil is carried out by means of FID (Flame Ionization Detector) gas chromatography, which determines that MARNYS® Coconut Oil meets the quality specifications in terms of purity, freshness and active ingredients through advanced systems, including an advanced process of esterification, vaporisation and recording of signals in virtual graphs.
MARNYS® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Would you like to add a tasty and exotic touch to your dishes? MARNYS® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil with no added sugars and with low sodium content will take you to explore a new world of flavours you’ll love. Specially designed and aimed at all consumers suffering from any type of food allergy or intolerance as it doesn’t contain nuts, milk protein, gluten, egg or soy. Virgin Coconut Oil® provides medium-chain essential fatty acids, Omega 3, 6 and 9: Lauric Acid (up to 53%), Myristic acid, Oleic acid, Palmitic acid, Capric acid, Caprylic acid and Stearic acid. The importance of this combination of short-chain fatty acids is that they increase the thermogenic effect of food. That is, it increases the amount of heat when food is digested.
Benefits and Properties of Virgin Coconut Oil
- Energy source in special diets because its absorption is faster and more efficient than long-chain essential fatty acids. It is also more water soluble (fewer bile acids are required for digestion), thus generally levelling the composition of fatty acids and the absorption of calcium.
- Facilitates the oxidation of lipids and the production of heat. Due to its water solubility lipids are stored in smaller proportion as fatty tissue, what can benefit weight control.
- Favours the maintenance of levels of sugar in blood, being useful for weight control programmes.
Uses of MARNYS® ORGANIC Virgin Coconut Oil
- COOK, FRY, BAKE: coconut oil maintains its stability at high temperatures because it doesn’t oxidise as easily as olive oil, so it is suitable for frying, sautéing or baking.
- DRESS SALADS AND COLD DISHES: the aroma and touch of mild and exotic flavour of coconut oil make it an essential ingredient that should be in your kitchen.
- HEALTHY DESSERTS: coconut oil is very present, especially in healthy recipes or vegan desserts with coconut oil.
MARNYS® Coconut Cosmetic Oil (100ml and 500ml)
MARNYS® coconut oil has got high bioavailability of its components on the skin due to its 100% vegetable composition. It is the perfect choice to nourish, care for and protect both skin and hair all year round. It is very versatile and can be used daily, as its natural components are friendly to the most sensitive skins and scalp.
Benefits of MARNYS® cosmetic coconut oil
- Easy skin absorption.
- Moisturises without leaving a greasy feeling.
- Maintains skin moisture.
- Reduces transdermal water loss.
- Suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Does not clog pores.
Properties of MARNYS® coconut oil
- Repairing: restores the skin's natural barrier function.
- Moisturising: reduces the loss of transdermal water, recovering skin’s moisture and freshness, and leaving it soft and hydrated.
- Anti-inflammatory: acts especially after sun exposure.
- Antibacterial: protects the barrier function of skin due to its content of lauric, capric and caprylic acid.
Uses of MARNYS® cosmetic coconut oil
- MASSAGES AND BODY HYDRATION: its moisturising properties make MARNYS® coconut oil an ideal oil for relaxing massages. For best results apply on damp skin. It spreads easily and leaves no greasy residue.
- NATURAL TANNING: use MARNYS® coconut oil to facilitate tanning and show a uniform skin tone in summer. To achieve this, first exfoliate the skin and then apply it before sun exposure. Always combine it with your sunscreen as coconut oil does not contain a minimum protection factor.
- NATURAL AFTER-SUN LOTION: to nourish and soften your skin after sun exposure, moisturise it with MARNYS® coconut oil.
- FACIAL MASK: due to its fatty acid content it is friendly with the most sensitive skin type. MARNYS® coconut oil can be applied on your face as a moisturising, repairing and antioxidant facial mask. Apply it evenly on the face, avoiding the areas around the eyes and mucous membranes, and leave on for about 20 minutes before removing with water.
- NATURAL HAIR CONDITIONER: In addition to being used on the skin, coconut oil acts as a natural hair conditioner, even for those with unruly, dry and/or frizzy hair. It can be applied as a conditioner after washing the hair with your usual shampoo. It will leave it flexible, soft, shiny and easy to comb.
- REPAIRING HAIR MASK: MARNYS® coconut oil is perfect for repairing dry, damaged hair. Apply it uniformly on damp hair with a gentle massage and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing. If your hair is greasy or you want to repair damaged ends, apply only from middle of hair to ends and let it work for 15-20 minutes before rinsing.
- BEARD / MOUSTACHE CARE: MARNYS® coconut oil is an excellent ally that acts as a conditioner, moisturising and softening balm for beard and moustache. Add a small amount on your hands and apply on your beard or moustache.